Monday, January 7, 2013

Looking forward to TE 818


I am pleased and surprised to re-discover my blog from 2010. I must admit that I am a bit enamored with the idea of blogging and do follow several blogs on a regular basis. I love reading and thinking and reading and thinking some more. Blogs are great.

My journey with the MSU MEAD program began several years ago. I am irresistibly drawn to some reflection on my studies and coursework in the program. When I created my blog here in 2010, I was in the midst of my 2nd of 10 courses and a bit on edge with each new journey into uncharted technology from blogs to podcasts to moviemaker. I am now beginning my 9th of the 10 courses. Of all the things I find attractive and interesting about the description of TE 818, I am most drawn to the ideas of working with and wrestling with big, really big, messy questions about education. I have a feeling TE 818 will challenge me into these gray areas of thought and writing.

I take one course at a time while working full time, working several, varying additional projects and running a busy household full of teenagers. I find that I can completely immerse myself in each course by keeping each one separate and sacred. Sometimes I get lost in the research and reading in the most delightful manner of being lost. I especially like those courses which combine reading with visual examples such as TED Talk lectures, interactive websites and movies. What began as a pragmatic goal to acquire graduate credits has evolved into a passion for research and writing. I have re-learned who I really am and have achieved a taste of my capabilities. There is more for me beyond these courses and beyond my current employment. There is more to come, and I look forward to many challenges in the unfolding of the next chapters of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment